Monday, October 7, 2013

Joseph

Next week I will begin a new design. You are seeing a little piece of it- a rough piece. It has been pinned up in my living room for weeks and many nights after the house is quiet, I have worked and re-worked areas to my liking. The most recent are some blue-jays and a shawl, some leaves. I am naming this rug 'Joseph' as this will be a rug intended for my son Joseph and his fiancee, Abigail. When you see the entire picture, I hope that it tells a story of how he loves her. Dedication, loyalty,  assuredness, and goodness are what I want this rug to say of all the qualities I hope my son gives to Abigail all the days of his life- even on the cold days that will surely come their way. I want every detail of this rug to be symbolic of the days ahead for this engaged couple.
 " Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13\

No comments:

Post a Comment