Tuesday, December 31, 2013

If you give a Rug-Hooker a Scrap of Wool...

I told my husband last week that I just need some down time. I really wanted to concentrate on organizing my unorganization. Visions of neat stacks of wool, a cleaned off desk, pattern storage, neatly lined jars of buttons and bells and threads filled my mind. I had every intention of tackling it. But as the children's story goes, 



"If you give a mouse a cookie,
He's going to ask for a glass of milk.
When you give him the milk, he'll probably ask you for a straw.
When he is finished, he'll ask you for a napkin.
Then he will want to look in the mirror to make sure he doesn't have a milk mustache."


So it is with me!

If you give a rug hooker a scrap piece of linen, she might just dig through her patterns to see what would fit. If she finds what will fit, it may force her to organize her wool strips so she can use up what she has on hand!


At least I did get the desk cleared. But then I found a little piece of linen, which sparked an idea. Why not take one of my little figures and just make it? And while I am organizing my strips, I could use some up on this little piece. Well, one little piece turned into three! And you know what? It has been just what I needed- I have enjoyed hooking like this- in a playful, just for fun way. I have been 'doodling' as I clean up. So I have this little piece available in my Etsy store.( 12 1/2" x 6")  She is $40 and shipping. I have two other 'doodles'- larger ones that I will be offering as well in the next week or so.

 Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment