Sunday, March 16, 2014

'A Lady'


I have a 'secret' board on Pinterest that I collect my favorite things- vintage images that inspire me. Many of them come from boards of historical attire or old vintage dolls. I love seeing the detail that those dresses had to them- and the beautiful colors- creams, pinks, deep maroons, blues of every shade, greens and golds. Dresses embellished with lace, ribbon and even flowers!

This is going to be a small rug made of three dresses. I imagine these dresses could all belong to the same woman. At least, right now, I see one dress being for everyday- working in the field, possibly tending to her animals or gathering lavender! This dress that you see might be for a tea or going to town- maybe shopping. And the third dress, I see her wearing to a formal event- hoping for a dance with the man dear to her heart.

This is so fun! What possibilities might there be
to 'dress up' the one who wears these dresses?



No comments:

Post a Comment