Saturday, April 22, 2017

An Inspiration!


Today I ran some errands and my favorite errand was going over to pick up this book at the library. I love embroidery stitches and thought I might find something fun in the pages of this book.

And I did!


Ribbon embroidery. I have seen it many times before but this time I really studied it and started wondering if I couldn't use the idea of any of these stitches in my rugs.

One of my other errands today was a trip to my printer to have a pattern downsized so I can make it with the Oxford needle and my yarn. I have been pondering the purples I want to use and how I will create them. 


If you didn't know this- I have an incredible attachment to this rug of mine, 'French Lavender Lady.' I think I could make it over and over and never get tired of it. It is hanging in my living room and I think it always will. There is something about it that I love so much. I am going to do a smaller version of it with the Oxford punch needle. 


I opened up my wicker basket full of my old yarns that I have. I wanted to  play and experiment and I tried some French Knots for the border lavender. Do you see the flower to the right? I love that yarn- it is several different colors. I tried a little ribbon embroidery 'top' with some thicker yarn. Anyway, the flower on the left is a keeper and answered my question about integrating a basic embroidery stitch in my punch needle rug I will do next. I cannot wait- cannot, cannot! 

On my Facebook page  a day or two ago, I asked for help in knowing what to write about on my blog. I was asked about inspiration- color, design etc. Well this was today's inspiration! And I just shared it with you!

~Yvonne

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love the embroidery stitches done with your yarn. It helps to "know" you and why your creativity speaks to so many

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, You have no idea how glad I am that I asked that question about what in the world to write. It has been helpful and interesting to know how people see my patterns- that's awesome! Really awesome!! I will keep these little moments of inspiration coming!

      Delete
  2. You so know I will have to learn how to do the French knots on punch needle and know already that I will need this kit! And maybe two, my sister is loving rug punching now!😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Bernie, Well you better get to learning! LOL I am so exited about this. My brain is reeling with ideas using these basic embroidery stitches.
      Earlier today, I have another wonderful customer suggest I start a punch needle with yarn page- should I do it? It would be sort of fun wouldn't it? If I do, you better promise you'll be one of the first to 'sign up.' Most fondly and affectionately, your wooley friend, Yvonne

      Delete
    2. I will sign up for sure! Need to figure out how you make your lavender 😜🤔💞

      Delete
  3. Good morning sweet lady, You know I will sign up with bells on.. 😉👍💞 I know how to make French knots ,but can't figure out how you punched them. We will need some videos.. 🤔 💞Have a beautiful day. 💐

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vintage Heart Rug Design Team,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Vintage Heart Rug Design has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 60 Rug Hooking Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/rug_hooking_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 60 Rug Hooking Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.


    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete