Thursday, October 30, 2014

'Mariam' and Mom

This is 'Mariam.' This design is named after my youngest sister. I do believe that I love this design more than any that I have ever done. I love her sweet face and I love wondering what hers thought are and where her eyes are looking off to.

This is a first for me as I have never hooked a face before. As I am sure you will notice, every girl I have ever hooked is intentionally not showing her face as I have been so very intimidated to even try! Would you believe me if I told you I have had a few happy tears over 'Mariam?' I have! I feel like knowing I can opens up much more of my imagination. . I am very exited about this!

My mother, a pastel artist, sat down with me a couple weeks ago to demonstrate creating a pastel face. She sent me home with the pastel doodle that she explained things on. So, as I hooked this face, I studied what my mom had showed me. When I was finished and hung my rug up to look at what I had done, I got very choked up. There was a lovely young woman hanging on my easel. Her expression- soft, gentle and full of thought. I admit, I love her to pieces!!

My mother's pastel sketch she did to teach me about faces. Thank you, Mom! I will treasure this.


Today I am making kits for beginners and dyeing wool for 'Mariam.'

A beginner kit coming along for a very tiny 'Lamb and Crocks.'



The sky I used in 'Marie, the Rose of France.' I will use this
for 'Mariam' as well. I will call this color 'Overcast Skies.'


The dip-dyed color I used for the Fleur de Lis in
'Marie, the Rose of France' as seen below. Maybe I should just
call this 'Fleur de Lis?' What do you think?



That's what I have been up to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment