Monday, May 25, 2015

Punch Needle Embroidery Patterns

Stoneware Kitchen


During my life, I think I have tried my hand at countless arts and crafts. Calligraphy, ceramics, paper mache, all sorts of painting, knitting........of course, rug hooking............pottery, punch needle using yarn and the Amy Oxford punch-needle. I have done quite a bit and really enjoyed each one.

Then there is this punch needle embroidery. Hmmmm..............

I have been asked so many times about converting some of my rug hooking designs into punch needle. The thought of such tiny work has seemed very unappealing to me. All I could envision is wads of tangled floss and knots and forgetting to write down floss numbers. It just has sounded so tedious!! Not to mention how difficult it is on my eyes looking at such fine detail.

Well, where there is a will, there is a way. I have come up with two punch needle designs for you and I am half way liking them. The turning point was when my best friend introduced me to her reading glasses. 'Ohhhhh....so is this the key?? Ha!'


I have two patterns that I have done. 'Stoneware Kitchen' and 'Handiwork.' Both will have in the weeks to come complimentary rug hooking designs.

'Handiwork' is mounted on a board that I thought up- I love scalloped edges on anything and so why not? I would sure be glad to make you one if it is something you are interested in.

Handiwork


I am working on having two rug hooking patterns to compliment these punch needle designs. I really looking forward to doing them.

Here is a link to my Etsy Shop:

My Etsy Shop

I hope you have had a great three day Memorial weekend!

~Yvonne




2 comments:

  1. Yvonne,
    I love all your beautiful patterns, and wish I could hook as nicely as you do! I shall keep trying and plan on ordering more of your patterns soon...happy to see you also designing punch needle versions of your rug patterns.

    My husband would be so pround to say "She's from Idaho, of course she's talented!" I am a widow of 13 yrs. of a wonderful man from Priest River Idaho...we were married for 43 yrs. We lived in the East, MA and FL. then SC. I think Idaho is beautiful...love the mountains and stream, just delightful! Sorry to go on so!

    Love all your patterns.
    Prim Blessings,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article gives us a good insight about. Highly appreciated, very thoughtful. Custom Embroidery Digitizing

    ReplyDelete