Thursday, July 17, 2014

'A Cat Named Peony'

If there was a rug of mine that reaches back in time for me, it would be this one. I loved cats growing up. We never had them, but I sure liked them. I briefly had two in the sixth grade. I had to keep them outside and I did not have them very long and my mother felt uncomfortable with their presence. But in the few weeks that I did have them, I looked forward to being with them everyday. I read cat stories- my favorite being Beverly Cleary's 'Socks.' I checked stacks of books out of the library about cats- cat breeds, cat grooming, cats around the world.
When I was kindergarten age, my grandmother would walk me to school every morning and we played the game of counting cats- sort of a version she made up of 'Eye Spy.' I loved it. Those cats seemed so mysterious and sweet.
At my grandmother's house was a large pine tree under the kitchen window that I would watch robins playing under. I would stand and just watch them from that window as my grandmother talked to me about everything.
I have this pattern now listed in my Etsy store. It will come with a book that I put together of photographs and color suggestions- a recipe and fun for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment